Monday, March 22, 2010

Low-tech Sunday.

I had a tiring, but very enjoyable, day on Saturday. At day's end I had shot over 12,000 action photos at an event in the Wisconsin Dells. And so on Sunday, with a sore shoulder and a hand like a shriveled monkey paw, I just didn't plan on lifting my camera. But after a lunch with extended family, my father and niece got out a kite and walked out into the field behind my father's house to fly it.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let my inner kid loose to run thought the field with Madison, and so i headed out with them (and yes, snapped a few shots). A kite is magic like that. Think about it...it's 2010. We are surrounded by all kinds of hi-tech entertainment devices everywhere. But you take $2 worth of fabric and 50 cents worth of string, and can still head out and have a blast.

It was a good low tech day. Go fly a kite.

share on: facebook

2 comments: