Monday, May 21, 2012

Erin, Jason & Parker | Rockford Family Photographer


I love photographing families...the shoots are always like little adventures. When I first met up with Erin, Jason, & Parker for our adventure, Parker reached out for me instantly and wanted me to carry him. I don't know if babies have that sixth sense, or if it's kind of like how a dog knows you have a dog by sniffing youor what, haha. But at any rate, there I was, carrying a bag full of camera gear over one shoulder, and Parker in my other arm (Erin & Jason had their hands full with diaper backs and outfit changes). And I knew it was going to be a great session already.
It's kind of funny how natural it's to just scoop up a kid without a second thought...definitely something that having a son has prepped me for. One the great perks of my job as a photographer working out of my home is that my son Felix gets to stay home and "intern" with me...so yeah I can flip that switch and my internal dad scoop-up-a-kid-mode can be ready at a second's notice!
But back to the shoot. I had a blast with Erin, Jason, & Parker at Tinker Swiss Cottage and a couple spots in downtown Rockford. We started out with a photo session for Parker, and mixed in a family shoot too. Can't wait to do it again soon. Here's a look!

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment