Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nicole & David | Prairie St. Brewhouse Autumn Wedding


Nicole and David were set to be married at the Prairie St. Brewhouse last weekend, and had decided on a "first look" session before the ceremony. After meeting with them we decided Belvidere Park would be a great place to start the day, and luckily for us the fall colors decided to pop out just days before (high five Ma Nature)! Honestly, the decision for the bride and groom to see each other before the wedding is a very personal one. Because of that, I don't push couples one way or the other - but when couples do decide to see each other before the ceremony I usually see the stress of the whole day melt away, and Nicole and David were no exception. Oh yeah, and they were a lot of fun too. :)

Throughout the day Nicole and David remarked how quickly we moved - meaning we didn't hold up the day. That got me thinking about something I'd never really mentioned on the blog before. I really believe that my job is to capture and tell the story of a wedding day, not to dominate the day. What I mean is that I love to have fun with  the couples, the wedding party, and guests and to have creative "mini-sessions" with the happy couple...but you probably won't see me pulling the bride and groom away from the reception for a three hour photo shoot after dinner. :) In fact, I hear all the time that for large chunks of the day a lot of guests were not even be aware that I was photographing. And that's a great compliment.

But hey, you came here for photos, and photo's you'll get! Here's a quick look back at Nicole & David's wedding story:










































Thanks to the following vendors who helped make this day possible:

Wedding Coordinator: Kelly Delamater of Backyard Soiree
Venue: Prairie St. Brewhouse
Sign & Program Design: Sarah Axelson
DJ: Delta Disc Jockeys
Caterer: Penguin Foods
Linens: Beautiful Day Linens
Assistant Photographer: John "Daughtry" Parli

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment